Saturday, June 14, 2008

And A Bag of Chips


Black is Beautiful. Black people are beautiful. I honestly believe we do not hear that enough! Hence the media pushing the european features as the more "acceptable" form of beauty! Whether you have a wide nose, full lips, coily course hair, straight hair, pointy nose, small lips, it all equates to being beautiful. Here is a beautiful poem I found a few years ago from a local writer in brooklyn, by the name of Donald Young....



And a bag of Chips


I don't need you to validate my beauty.......

You're just working with the body you see outside.

I'll have you know; from a beautiful heart,

and much stronger mind...is where I get my pride.


I'm well aware of my beautiful eyes.......

lovely face.....and ooooh so kissable lips.


But it's my total being.......

and my love for God......

that makes me.....

All that,

and a bag of chips.





No comments: