Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Product Review: MAC PRIMER

Mac Prep+Prime Face Protect SPF 50
A skin-protecting cream with SPF 50. Applies under makeup to prime the skin for the sun. Featherweight, fast-absorbing, oil-free, invisible. Will not affect the look, texture or long-wear integrity of your makeup. Specially formulated with oil-absorbing powder, helps prevent oil breakthrough. Provides high-level broad spectrum sun protection. Worn daily helps guard the skin against discolouration, premature aging, dryness and other effects of sun exposure. Suitable for all skins.


My Review: This Product does exactly what it claims. Normally around mid-day my face would be shiny and oily. I would have to break out the tissue to blot my skin several times within the day. Now, I rarely use a tissue. I sometimes check my skin with the back of my hand to see if I'm oily......there is no oil..YAY. It does not completely eliminate oil, although it does reduce it a great deal. I would say that I stay oil free for about 4 hours. When I do get oily it's no where near as much as before. My makeup lasts longer and looks fresh for a longer period. I used it on my sister on memorials day, which was hot BTW and she loved it. So much so, she purchased it today. I recommend this product to anyone who has oily skin and want that matte look without using harsh products to achieve it. I did not experience any irritation, it's a light weight product. The total cost was about $26, which I find to be a bit pricey for such a small tube. There is another one without SPF, it's $22 . If you purchase the Primer with SPF you don't need to use a moisturizer with SPF.




No comments: