Saturday, June 28, 2008

Body Glow



Now that it's summer we all want that Saint Tropez Glow, without actually having to go and vacation there. I always see pictures of celebrities with a nice glow to their skin, which makes me wonder what product they using to achieve this. If you look at the picture above Gabriel Union is obviously wearing some form of a bronzer that gives her that nice tan look with out stepping a foot in the sun. After much research and trial and tribulation I have actually found a way to achieve this look without spending lots of money.
Here's my routine:
1.Wash with a moisturizing body wash of your choice. I use Olay Ribbons (it has some shimmer in it)

2.Exfoliate( about 2- 3x's per week) I use St.Ives apricote scub or body brushing (I will elaborate on this on another Post)
3.Moisturize immediately while body is still damp, not wet. I use St Ives Collagen Elastin. (best lotion ever if you want smooth cellulite free skin, I swear by this suff, it works..trust!) Allow the moisturizer to sink in before moving on the next step.

4. Apply Super Sheen Bronzing Mist by Sephora. This stuff will have you glowing right away and it smells yummy. It won't make you look as if you have a fake tan, it basically enhances your complexion and gives a illuminous glow. It contains macadamia oil, aloe, vit e, honey, all the good stuff. I truly love this stuff and it's under $15.
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P140611
5.For extra added bronzy glow, I dust some Wet and Wild bronzer in Bali Bronze. I use a big foundation brush on my shoulders, chest, any where that the sun naturally hits. Or I use the Wet and Wild Face illuminator Mega Glow in toasty. (both under $4) Both Products are meant for the face, you will be suprised what it does on the body, it's actually better on my body than my face..lol. You can find these products specifically at Rite Aide. Also don't forget to drink lots of water to stay internally hydrated.





No comments: