Sunday, June 7, 2009

KISS: Instant French Manicure

Have you ever had those moments where you are in a rush to go out, in desperate need of a manicure, yet due to time restrictions were unable to get one? A few months ago one of my good friends put me up on..
"KISS Custom Fit Nail Kit", bless her soul. This is the best artificial nail product I have ever used. I would recommend it to anyone. Personally, I am against Acrylic nails done at the salons, where they file your nails so finely leaving you with brittle, weak paper thin nails. ( I will not touch on this subject too much now, although I may elaborate on a later post) The nail Kit is cost-effective. There are 36 nails in the kit for approximately seven dollars, lasting 10 days each application. That's seven dollars a month for a manicure, which would cost you over $20 at the salon, depending on if you get a natural manicure or acrylic nails. I always purchase the "real short" brand, because I love the natural look. They do have the longer tips, if interested. So far I have no Cons, only pros. Btw, I don't wear the nails all the time.

A few weeks ago I was on my way to a wedding. As usual I'm last minute about EVERYTHING, so of course I had no time to go get a manicure...instead of the usual 30-40 mins it might have taken to get my nails done, I glued these babdboys on, MYSELF. Within less than 10 mins I had perfectly french manicured nails, where THE NAIL POLISH WON'T CHIP AWAY! Here are the results... (click on the photos for larger viewing)





For comparison sake, here's a photo of my natural nails.




In all honesty, I rather use this method for a french manicure,instead of going to the salon. I can do without the polish chipping off within three days, and the massive pounding and rubbing on my hands they call a massage..(For more elaborate designs it's best to get it professionally done) This product is a keeper!




No comments: